Last updated 31-07-12
The Crown at Woodbridge is part of TA Hotel Collection Limited, with company number 03098213 and whose registered office is located at Thorpeness Hotel & Golf Club, Lakeside Avenue, Thorpeness, Leiston, Suffolk, IP16 4NH (“our”, “we”, “us”). TA Hotel Collection Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and for the purposes of the Act is the data controller. TA Hotel Collection Limited will ensure that any personal information you provide through our website www.thecrownatwoodbridge.co.uk (“Our Website”) is processed in accordance with the provisions of that Act.
1. Information that we collect from you
- When you submit requests for availability register with, or place bookings on Our Website you may be asked to provide certain personal information about yourself including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information. This process involves the services of reservations third party partners. We may also collect non-personal information about your usage of Our Website as well as personal information about you from e-mails or letters you send to us.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may collect non-personal information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. Use of Your Information
- Your personal information will enable us to supply you with information you have requested and to confirm bookings. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your booking. We will also use and analyse the personal information we collect so that we can fulfil you booking, administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- In particular, we may use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to Our Website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we, or selected third parties might also use your personal information to let you know about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by post, telephone or email. If you would prefer us, or selected third parties, not to contact you in this way in the future, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your personal information or let us know at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
3. Disclosure of your information
- The personal information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to our staff as well as persons within our group within the UK or may also be accessed by or given to third parties located in or outside of the UK who act for us in assisting us in processing your personal information, fulfilling bookings, processing credit and debit card payments and providing us with support services, such as IT support.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal information may be disclosed to our advisers, new or prospective business partners or owners and their advisers.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the personal information you provide to us without your consent.
5. Security and data retention
- We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. All personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will retain your personal information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
6. Accessing and updating your personal information
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- You are entitled to see the personal information held by us about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at email@example.com. We may charge you a nominal fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include full name, postal and e-mail address and telephone number, as well as the name of a contact person.